These Things Are A Drag...
I spoke too soon when I said I might be able to file uncontested custody papers in family court. It seems the douchebag has decided to fight me on my "sole legal custody" issue. Apparently he thinks I've got some underhanded scheme in the works. He emailed me today to ask me what my "motive" is. Specifically:
"I still would like to know what your motive is for everything that you are doing. Why are you making this so hard and what are looking to gain? I can handle the truth and would expect it, you know I can't handle being lied to. Thank you for your time."
Spoken like the stupid ugly puppy he is. My motive? And what, pray tell, am I making "so hard?" Jesus tapdancing Christ--I'm giving him equal time with his son, I'm asking him for NO CHILD SUPPORT, only that he split child care and health insurance expenses 50/50 and pay for half of any additional medical expense, etc., and I'm making everything "so hard?" Is he out of his fucking mind? If I wanted to make things hard, I'd cut him off to every other fucking weekend and hit him up for upwards of $700 a month. He's gotten off more easily than fucking OJ, and he's giving me hassle in return?
Last night, I called to talk to my son--who, of course, couldn't be bothered with me because Spongebob was on. (At least the kid has his priorities.) So Douchebag decides he wants to talk to me, instead. Goody.
Douchebag: Can I share an observation with you?
Me: (this oughtta be good) What?
Douchebag: I'll take that as a yes.
Me: What?
DB: You jump into a relationship with both feet. And then when the other person lets you down, you--
Me: You can stop there. I don't need any psychoanalysis from you.
This is the man who, prior to meeting me, spent 20 years holed up in whatever shithole he was living in smoking pot and watching bad tv. This is the man who can count the people who don't want to kick his ass on one and a half hands. This is the man with a criminal history of assault. And he has the audacity to tell me (or at least try) how I approach relationships and how my methods are incorrect?
Fuck him.
Now I'm caught between a douchebag and a hard place. Do I agree to joint legal just to get this over with, and risk further court battles over stupid shit? Or do I stick to my guns and insist on sole legal and end up fighting in court now and possibly losing?
I really don't know how much more of this I can deal with. He won't leave me alone and his psychotic ramblings are starting to really get to me. One day, he's pissed as hell, hates my guts, screaming at me, the works. Two days later, he's sobbing uncontrollably, out of his mind, etc. The next day, he loves me and always will and wants us to work things out amicably. Three days after that, it's back to hating me. I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS SHIT ANYMORE. It's starting to get to me and frankly, I'm afraid it's going to interfere in my relationship with Ben. He's been an absolute angel through all of this, but dammit, it's got to be wearing on him, too.
This shit has to end somehow.
"I still would like to know what your motive is for everything that you are doing. Why are you making this so hard and what are looking to gain? I can handle the truth and would expect it, you know I can't handle being lied to. Thank you for your time."
Spoken like the stupid ugly puppy he is. My motive? And what, pray tell, am I making "so hard?" Jesus tapdancing Christ--I'm giving him equal time with his son, I'm asking him for NO CHILD SUPPORT, only that he split child care and health insurance expenses 50/50 and pay for half of any additional medical expense, etc., and I'm making everything "so hard?" Is he out of his fucking mind? If I wanted to make things hard, I'd cut him off to every other fucking weekend and hit him up for upwards of $700 a month. He's gotten off more easily than fucking OJ, and he's giving me hassle in return?
Last night, I called to talk to my son--who, of course, couldn't be bothered with me because Spongebob was on. (At least the kid has his priorities.) So Douchebag decides he wants to talk to me, instead. Goody.
Douchebag: Can I share an observation with you?
Me: (this oughtta be good) What?
Douchebag: I'll take that as a yes.
Me: What?
DB: You jump into a relationship with both feet. And then when the other person lets you down, you--
Me: You can stop there. I don't need any psychoanalysis from you.
This is the man who, prior to meeting me, spent 20 years holed up in whatever shithole he was living in smoking pot and watching bad tv. This is the man who can count the people who don't want to kick his ass on one and a half hands. This is the man with a criminal history of assault. And he has the audacity to tell me (or at least try) how I approach relationships and how my methods are incorrect?
Fuck him.
Now I'm caught between a douchebag and a hard place. Do I agree to joint legal just to get this over with, and risk further court battles over stupid shit? Or do I stick to my guns and insist on sole legal and end up fighting in court now and possibly losing?
I really don't know how much more of this I can deal with. He won't leave me alone and his psychotic ramblings are starting to really get to me. One day, he's pissed as hell, hates my guts, screaming at me, the works. Two days later, he's sobbing uncontrollably, out of his mind, etc. The next day, he loves me and always will and wants us to work things out amicably. Three days after that, it's back to hating me. I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS SHIT ANYMORE. It's starting to get to me and frankly, I'm afraid it's going to interfere in my relationship with Ben. He's been an absolute angel through all of this, but dammit, it's got to be wearing on him, too.
This shit has to end somehow.

1 Comments:
thanks--"mitzi green" is actually not my real name--it's my porn star name. you know, the name of your first pet + the street you grew up on. :)
i prefer to keep a high level of anonymity given the nature of most of what i'm writing about, if that makes any sense.
i'm glad you're enjoying my ramblings about my twisted life. thanks for the comment.
Post a Comment
<< Home