Friday, July 03, 2009

Grumpies

I'd like to believe it when I say it's because we had our "campout" last night--which basically amounts to lighting a fire in the fire pit, making s'mores and sleeping in a tent, all in our backyard--and are therefore feeling the effects of broken slumber in an enclosed nylon sauna surrounded by jackasses shooting off fireworks til all hours and a neighbor's fucking barking dogs.

But the truth is, it's not because we're tired from a restless night on the ground. It's always like this. We make plans, we try to be accommodating, and he in turn acts like an asshole.

I wanted to go to the water park today. But when I got out of bed, it was overcast. By 10:30, it was raining. The rain looked to be moving out by 11, so I suggested the zoo, with which he agreed. It was still raining when we got there, but it cleared out after we circled the parking lot a few times, and we went in. Almost immediately the bitching commenced. Not even about anything in particular, really--he was just. being. a dick. For no good reason.

And I'm really, really tired of it.

We left after an hour and stopped at Taco Bell (Ben's suggestion, which he agreed with) for lunch. While we were eating, he asked, "how much more minutes til I go to my dad's?"

Four hours.

"Aw, man, that's too long!" Pouty glare at the remains of his burrito.

I fought back the urge to say well if that's how you really feel, I can call up Father of the Year right now and tell him to come get your whiny ass because we're on our way. And remind me not to try to plan any more fun shit for us to do this summer, because you don't fucking enjoy or appreciate it, all you do is bitch. Instead, I just said, "Gee, I'm sorry. I'm sorry we're so lame." Within another 15 minutes, he told me what he was doing was "none of your business," so he is now in his room, because I'm tired of his mouth. While I was being Bitch Mom from Hell, I stuck the toddler in his bed, too, because he's been rather an asshole today, himself.

Yeah, so I'm no longer feeling guilty about the fact I took next Friday off--when Bob won't be here at all, and Moosetoddler will be but I don't plan to include him in any of my plans. I think I deserve a damn break for once. For myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheyenne said...

I would think you deserve more than a break with what you carry on your shoulders.
It's a shame when one child upsets the apple cat and makes it bad for the rest of the family.
If he wants to be with his father so much, why don't you just let him be with him more often? Maybe he will get tired of him and appreciate what he has with you.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home