If Nirvana Wrote a Song About It, It Can't Be All Bad, Right?
After talking to Dr. New Shrink yesterday, we've agreed to try lithium and Seroquel.
I'm glad we're moving on, having seen absolutely no improvement on the current regimen. I'm glad we're trying a combination that has worked for many people (including kids). I'm glad we're moving forward and not just shrugging our shoulders and scratching our heads.
On the other hand, I'm horrified that it's come to this. Lithium? Jesus, why not just hand him a Comet and rat poison sandwich? It seems so drastic.
And then there's the other haunting question...
...what if it doesn't work, either?
I'm glad we're moving on, having seen absolutely no improvement on the current regimen. I'm glad we're trying a combination that has worked for many people (including kids). I'm glad we're moving forward and not just shrugging our shoulders and scratching our heads.
On the other hand, I'm horrified that it's come to this. Lithium? Jesus, why not just hand him a Comet and rat poison sandwich? It seems so drastic.
And then there's the other haunting question...
...what if it doesn't work, either?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home