Undercovah Muthah
I'm back.
I've missed having this forum to vent my frustrations over life in general. And they are a'plenty. Hopefully everyone who was invited so far can see this and read this and isn't stuck at the other one wondering what the fuck is going on. Hey, I never claimed to be an internet monkey. That's my husband's gig, not mine. I just work here.
So the Boblems continue. And get worse. I swear to God, last week I was seriously contemplating throwing in the towel, signing over my parental rights, and ending my association with Bob and his db of a "father" once and for all.
But I can't.
Because as much as I'd like to think I could pretend the last 7 years never happened, they did. And I can't change that. I wouldn't have missed Bob had I aborted him and never known him. But almost 7 years is really late term, and now that I know what I'd be missing, I just don't think I could do it. Because when things are good, they're really, really good.
It's just when things are bad that they are hor-rid.
And they've definitely been hor-rid. Compounded by the fact the stupid shrink decided to take a damn vacation out of state all last week. Don't get me wrong--I don't begrudge anyone their time off, believe me. But shit, if your job description includes the words "maintaining people's sanity and standard of living," dammit, at least leave someone with some knowledge and authority to cover your shit while you're gone. Don't leave me stuck with a nurse who can only ask the opinion of another shrink who has no familiarity with Bob at all and whose only suggestion is "take him to the hospital."
Oh, yes, because that worked out so well last time, didn't it?
I almost did. I had an intake appointment scheduled at yet another hospital (because hell will freeze over before we go back to the first one) for last Thursday evening. I ended up calling them back to cancel, as Dr. Shrink would be back this week and able to see Bob Tuesday evening and I wanted to wait for his recommendation before jumping any guns.
But if Dr. Shrink doesn't come up with something good tomorrow, we may end up there Wednesday morning. It's getting way out of hand. Bob is back to square one, only worse. He not only can't stay in the classroom--now he won't. Tell him something he doesn't want to hear, and it's out the door. Not. Good.
And it's not much better at home. Tell him no? Try to engage him in a conversation he doesn't want to have (such as, about his shitty behavior at school)? Fuck that. He ain't having it.
It's making mornings incredibly stressful for me. By the time I get to work, I'm ready to tell the whole world to fuck off, myself.
And then there's db, who is, apparently, no longer paying child support. Again. Yippee.
Someone kill me. Please.
I've missed having this forum to vent my frustrations over life in general. And they are a'plenty. Hopefully everyone who was invited so far can see this and read this and isn't stuck at the other one wondering what the fuck is going on. Hey, I never claimed to be an internet monkey. That's my husband's gig, not mine. I just work here.
So the Boblems continue. And get worse. I swear to God, last week I was seriously contemplating throwing in the towel, signing over my parental rights, and ending my association with Bob and his db of a "father" once and for all.
But I can't.
Because as much as I'd like to think I could pretend the last 7 years never happened, they did. And I can't change that. I wouldn't have missed Bob had I aborted him and never known him. But almost 7 years is really late term, and now that I know what I'd be missing, I just don't think I could do it. Because when things are good, they're really, really good.
It's just when things are bad that they are hor-rid.
And they've definitely been hor-rid. Compounded by the fact the stupid shrink decided to take a damn vacation out of state all last week. Don't get me wrong--I don't begrudge anyone their time off, believe me. But shit, if your job description includes the words "maintaining people's sanity and standard of living," dammit, at least leave someone with some knowledge and authority to cover your shit while you're gone. Don't leave me stuck with a nurse who can only ask the opinion of another shrink who has no familiarity with Bob at all and whose only suggestion is "take him to the hospital."
Oh, yes, because that worked out so well last time, didn't it?
I almost did. I had an intake appointment scheduled at yet another hospital (because hell will freeze over before we go back to the first one) for last Thursday evening. I ended up calling them back to cancel, as Dr. Shrink would be back this week and able to see Bob Tuesday evening and I wanted to wait for his recommendation before jumping any guns.
But if Dr. Shrink doesn't come up with something good tomorrow, we may end up there Wednesday morning. It's getting way out of hand. Bob is back to square one, only worse. He not only can't stay in the classroom--now he won't. Tell him something he doesn't want to hear, and it's out the door. Not. Good.
And it's not much better at home. Tell him no? Try to engage him in a conversation he doesn't want to have (such as, about his shitty behavior at school)? Fuck that. He ain't having it.
It's making mornings incredibly stressful for me. By the time I get to work, I'm ready to tell the whole world to fuck off, myself.
And then there's db, who is, apparently, no longer paying child support. Again. Yippee.
Someone kill me. Please.

2 Comments:
Mitzi,
I just got the link and invite figured out. It sound to me like good 'ol DB has been doing some serious mindshit to Bob when he was with him last week. In addition I am sure the meds need tweaking or something...but the outright defiance sounds like something the DB would tell him --hang in there.
Joanie
Yes, what Joanie said ... I've just re-established connectivity with you - I've been wondering how you are ... the defiance does sound like something db would tell him to do, "Son, don't wanna do something, then don't!"
Post a Comment
<< Home