Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Batten Down the Hatches, the Shit Storm is Coming...

It seems Bob did have a better go of it yesterday afternoon, but we are still inching further away from where we need to be in terms of his mood. And I think part of my answer came yesterday in the form of a "sorry we missed you" card from the post office, advising me they had a certified letter for me at the station.

The only person who ever sends me certified mail is, of course, db.

And I was right, as I found this morning when I went to the post office to buy stamps for the office and pick up his ridiculous letter. Even though he's not supposed to mail child support payments to me anymore, I was kind of hoping it was a check, as it's the 26th and he has yet to pay this month. Instead, I got a 2-page demand for basically any record (medical or school) Bob has had generated on his behalf since July of last year. Including, but not at all limited to:

"...any and all diagnosis that Dr. X and his staff discussed with you including your agreement or non-agreement to follow his advice...

...the number of times you contacted XYZ facility or they contacted you...

...verified diagnosis of Bi-Polar disorder by any medical or non-medical professional...and qualification that he should be treated for this disorder. Please include any evaluations and counseling sessions with you and/or Ben...

...(any records) not covered under the above..."

Oh, and he believes two weeks should be "plenty of time" to obtain the records, and provide them to him in "tamper-proof, sealed envelopes."

Uh-huh.

So tomorrow, I will send him an email advising him that I have requested medical records from the seven providers referenced in his request. I will advise him I am not required to provide him with school records--that he is afforded equal access to those per the judgment--and he can get those his damn self. I will advise him that two weeks is, in fact, laughable, because once the providers receive my requests, they will forward bills for the copies to me, which I will forward to him, which he can pay directly, and THEN the providers will forward the records to him. And from my experience as someone who orders medical records on a daily basis, this whole process should take anywhere from 1-2 months.

So suck it, douchebag.

I can only imagine what this is about. I'm sure he's gathering documentation that there's not a damn thing wrong with Bob, and that I am, in fact, running about town like the proverbial headless chicken, trying desperately to find someone who will say "yes, he's bipolar" and pump him full of drugs to make him a doped-out zombie whom I can easily control. Thus proving my severe inadequacy as a parent and offering ample evidence as to why he should be awarded sole custody.

Yeah...let me know how that works out for you.

I'm not concerned that he might actually find some "dirt" on me or some "a-ha!" phrasing that will convince any judge in the free world (even Missouri) that I should immediately be stripped of my sole legal custodianship. I'm concerned that I might have to waste more time and more money defending myself in court against this stark raving looney toon.

Not to mention his "request" makes it pretty fucking obvious he still disagrees with Bob's treatment regimen and is, therefore, not giving him his medication.

Which pisses me off almost as much as the little dicks in Bob's kindergarten class. Nothing like meeting your kid for lunch at school, only to have 5 or 6 of the little shits start piping up "Bob got sent to the office this morning!" "Yeah, Bob's bad!" "Yeah, Bob's always in trouble!" One little snot girl in particular--who until very recently was Bob's best friend--was especially eager to point out to me just what a shit Bob is. So I asked them, "and I guess y'all are perfect all the time, huh?" Ms. Snotnose pipes up, "Yes, we ARE perfect, all except for Bob." So I gave them all the 100-yard mommy stare and said, "tell you what--you all take care of you, and Bob will take care of Bob. Okay?" Then I leaned over to my now-mortified Bob and whispered, "don't worry about what other people say, you just do what you know is right and follow the rules."

Fucking tattle-tale kids. Someone should tell them to mind their own damn business. While they're at it, they could tell db that it's not a game--it's his kid's life--and he should just stop trying to "win" already, because he's not winning, and Bob's the one who ultimately loses.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart lurches, and aches to just give you some comfort and if nothing else a needed Bob-break so you could go out for an uninterrupted mani/pedi. And lmfao 2 weeks to get medical records from providers ... what a crock - BTDT you're right 1.5 months is average on the return.

My thoughts are with you, keep on keeping on and know in the end you'll be glad you held the high road.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Know what I'd do? Mail the letter back in its entirely with a post-it note on telling him to obtain the information himself. Do you have any legal obligation to provide these to him?

As for the kids at school. I bet they're parents are real proud...

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home