It Be Time For Some Changes
I've had issues with my...what's the plural of "trapezius?" Trapezii? Trapeziuses? Fuck it--I've had issues with my neck and shoulders since the ripe old age of 15. That's how old I was the first time the one on the left locked up--in the shower, no less--and I ended up alone on the living room floor wishing (for a change) someone, anyone, would come home. Since that fateful afternoon contemplating my parents' pea green shag, both Lefty and Righty have taken turns locking up and spasming and otherwise giving me hell. Their latest trick (perfected over the past year or so) involves tensing up and pinching something, causing my entire arm(s) to ache like a bitch.
Such has been the case since Thursday afternoon. I don't know what I did--sneezed or moved wrong or just inhaled--but Lefty tightened up, and Righty followed suit over the next couple of days. I barely slept last night, partly because we left the cats upstairs and they took turns sleeping on my face, but mostly because my right arm ached and throbbed all night. This morning, I decided to throw caution (and my budget) to the wind and called Massage Envy and made an appointment with Rachel for 3:00.
After much wasted time thanks to the Front Desk Dumbasses, I ended up only getting a half-hour massage from Rachel--but she worked my ass over good in that half hour, and I don't feel nearly as tight anymore.
She asked me if I do any stretching. I lied and said "yes." The truth is, this pregnancy has made me even more physically stagnant than I've ever been. And now that I'm over the constant puking and falling asleep on the couch at 6:30, I think it's time for some changes.
For starters, I'm going to stop setting my clocks (bedroom alarm and car) 20 and 7 minutes fast, respectively. I'm not fooling myself. Like a Flavor of Love girl, I know what time it is. Having to do simple math in the morning (7:10 - 20 minutes = ?) is not getting me moving any faster. So I'm going to set those clocks to the proper time, and just try to get my ass out of bed when I'm supposed to.
And it's time to start moving around more. I need to dust off the yoga mat and the hand weights and the aerobics step and dvd. If nothing else, I need to limber up and work on those upper back muscles (which I've been told will help my shoulder issues). After all, childbirth ain't for pussies.
Oh, yeah--and I guess I could start eating better. Blah, blah, blah.
I did manage to get the bulk of my Christmas shopping done today. It's going to be a busy week. Bob appointments, sonogram, baby doc appointments, office holiday fetes, sending Bob off to db's for the weekend, and prepping the house (and the fridge) for our Xmas Eve festivities. Why do I have a feeling that, by the time 2008 comes ringing in, I'll be ready for a long winter's nap? And another massage? And a fifth of bourbon? And maybe a stand-off with some kindergarteners?
17
Such has been the case since Thursday afternoon. I don't know what I did--sneezed or moved wrong or just inhaled--but Lefty tightened up, and Righty followed suit over the next couple of days. I barely slept last night, partly because we left the cats upstairs and they took turns sleeping on my face, but mostly because my right arm ached and throbbed all night. This morning, I decided to throw caution (and my budget) to the wind and called Massage Envy and made an appointment with Rachel for 3:00.
After much wasted time thanks to the Front Desk Dumbasses, I ended up only getting a half-hour massage from Rachel--but she worked my ass over good in that half hour, and I don't feel nearly as tight anymore.
She asked me if I do any stretching. I lied and said "yes." The truth is, this pregnancy has made me even more physically stagnant than I've ever been. And now that I'm over the constant puking and falling asleep on the couch at 6:30, I think it's time for some changes.
For starters, I'm going to stop setting my clocks (bedroom alarm and car) 20 and 7 minutes fast, respectively. I'm not fooling myself. Like a Flavor of Love girl, I know what time it is. Having to do simple math in the morning (7:10 - 20 minutes = ?) is not getting me moving any faster. So I'm going to set those clocks to the proper time, and just try to get my ass out of bed when I'm supposed to.
And it's time to start moving around more. I need to dust off the yoga mat and the hand weights and the aerobics step and dvd. If nothing else, I need to limber up and work on those upper back muscles (which I've been told will help my shoulder issues). After all, childbirth ain't for pussies.
Oh, yeah--and I guess I could start eating better. Blah, blah, blah.
I did manage to get the bulk of my Christmas shopping done today. It's going to be a busy week. Bob appointments, sonogram, baby doc appointments, office holiday fetes, sending Bob off to db's for the weekend, and prepping the house (and the fridge) for our Xmas Eve festivities. Why do I have a feeling that, by the time 2008 comes ringing in, I'll be ready for a long winter's nap? And another massage? And a fifth of bourbon? And maybe a stand-off with some kindergarteners?
17
Looking for payday loan?

1 Comments:
Hope your shoulders are feeling better soon! It's a bitch feeling that way, especially when preggers and you can't drink or take too many pills to try to stiffle the pain. Your changes sound like a good idea - I'll be thinking about you!
Post a Comment
<< Home