Wednesday, December 12, 2007

You've Been Warned...

...some shit be goin' down to-nite.

I emailed db and told him that, even though there's no school, there is Adventure Club, and Bob is there, and will be there when db picks him up at 4:00. Oh, and since there' s no power at Bob's school, AC is at X school at XYZ address, 5 minutes north of Bob School and by the way, you have the internet so get on google maps and figure it the fuck out.

He emailed back that "that's not how the court order is written" and since there's "no school," I have to deliver Bob to him at Winsteads--a good half hour away--at 4:00.

I emailed back that no, I would not be doing this, and if he chose not to pick up Bob at X school, he'd be forfeiting his visitation this week.

To which he replied with a threat of "legal action."

Oooooooh. I'm a'shakin' in my boots.

I told him I stood firm on this--there's no good reason on this earth why he can't pick up Bob today, and that if he wants to take "legal action," he can be my guest, but he's still going to be forfeiting his visitation this week.

So there are a number of possibilities for the coming several hours:

1. He will pick up Bob at 4:00 at X School, and tell Bob what a nasty bitch I am, but other than being a good half hour late to return Bob this evening, there will be no further incident. (Yeah, right.)

2. He will pick up Bob at 4:00 at X School, trash talk me and my husband and my ancestors and everyone who looks like me, and either not bring Bob back this evening, or bring him back late and try to start some shit.

3. He will not pick up Bob at 4:00 at X School, but will instead drive up here, go to the cop shop, and try to get them to come to my house to demand I turn over my kid. At which point I will happily inform them of this afternoon's exchange, and remind them that there is a warrant out for db's arrest, at which point they will haul his ass off to jail.

4. He will not pick up Bob at 4:00 at X School, but will instead drive up here and scope out my house and wait for me to show up with Bob, at which point he will jump out of his car and rant and rave like a fool and otherwise start shit, and I will call the police, who will haul him off to jail.

Either way, it's going to be a helluva night. Wish me luck.

Update: Believe it or not, he chose Door #1. He was 20 minutes late, but he showed up, with Bob. Unreal. I'm sure he's at home right now working on his "legal action" he plans to take against me. Heh. I should get so lucky. "Oh, gee, your honor--while we're here contemplating my bad parenting (i.e., not driving all over god's green earth to satisfy db), here are some other gems for you to consider..."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl! Stand your ground! Good luck!

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stand strong ... I'm hoping for Option #3

5:41 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

What Karen said.

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what happened?

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home