Party Time is Over
As of tomorrow, preschool is back in session for the summer. Hot damn. Bob's had a pretty damned good week, but I can tell he's starting to get a little bored. And we'll be glad just to have the regular routine back.
This week is going to suck ass for me--at least the first three days of it. Bossman will officially be on vacation come Thursday morning--a month in Europe with his family, as his oldest kid graduates next year and they haven't taken an extended vacation ever. Meaning he's going to run my ass ragged through Wednesday at 5:00. He decided to tell me Friday that discovery responses and our answer to a summary judgment motion in one of our bigger, uglier cases are due while he's gone...meaning I'm going to be responsible for getting them filed and served. Normally wouldn't be a big deal at all, except this asshole has seen upwards of 20 fucking doctors in 5 different states, which means I could easily fill two file boxes with his medical records and bills. Fuck, fuck, FUCK. But I keep telling myself, I only have to get through the next three days...and then I'll have two days without him around so I can get shit done...and then I'll have 33 Bob-free hours to hang with my husband and pack...and then it's VACATION TIME.
Okay, so, it's 3 nights at the lake with a 5 year old. Still. We've never really taken a "family vacation," and I'm really looking forward to this. Even if we can't technically afford it because db won't pay his fucking child support. We're going, and we will have a damned good time, or I will purposefully lose someone in a cave.
I also decided today that we're going to plan a little outing to the Omaha zoo in either late summer or early fall. I haven't been to Omaha since I moved to KC, and there are some things I miss. The zoo is one of them. The aquarium had just opened the summer before I left, so there's quite a bit I haven't even seen. Grisanti's is another--casual Italian dining that will make you cry. And Big Fred's Pizza. (Note most of my happiest memories are food-oriented. This explains quite a few things.)
And Ben's applying for a new job. Cross fingers, as this could be a pretty decent opportunity for him.
This week is going to suck ass for me--at least the first three days of it. Bossman will officially be on vacation come Thursday morning--a month in Europe with his family, as his oldest kid graduates next year and they haven't taken an extended vacation ever. Meaning he's going to run my ass ragged through Wednesday at 5:00. He decided to tell me Friday that discovery responses and our answer to a summary judgment motion in one of our bigger, uglier cases are due while he's gone...meaning I'm going to be responsible for getting them filed and served. Normally wouldn't be a big deal at all, except this asshole has seen upwards of 20 fucking doctors in 5 different states, which means I could easily fill two file boxes with his medical records and bills. Fuck, fuck, FUCK. But I keep telling myself, I only have to get through the next three days...and then I'll have two days without him around so I can get shit done...and then I'll have 33 Bob-free hours to hang with my husband and pack...and then it's VACATION TIME.
Okay, so, it's 3 nights at the lake with a 5 year old. Still. We've never really taken a "family vacation," and I'm really looking forward to this. Even if we can't technically afford it because db won't pay his fucking child support. We're going, and we will have a damned good time, or I will purposefully lose someone in a cave.
I also decided today that we're going to plan a little outing to the Omaha zoo in either late summer or early fall. I haven't been to Omaha since I moved to KC, and there are some things I miss. The zoo is one of them. The aquarium had just opened the summer before I left, so there's quite a bit I haven't even seen. Grisanti's is another--casual Italian dining that will make you cry. And Big Fred's Pizza. (Note most of my happiest memories are food-oriented. This explains quite a few things.)
And Ben's applying for a new job. Cross fingers, as this could be a pretty decent opportunity for him.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home