Friday, July 22, 2005

Everybody Polka!

I'm so fucking glad it's Friday. If this week had one more day to it, I think I'd have to take a hostage. I don't know what I'd do with said hostage, but I'd definitely take one. Yeah.

I'm getting increasingly bothered by people who want to make small talk. If I'm in the elevator and it's 8 am, no offense, but I probably don't want to talk to you. If I'm getting coffee in the kitchen and you're in my office for a 1-hour meeting and we've never met and will never have any reason to be on a first-name basis, I probably don't want to talk to you. If the only thing we have in common at first glance is that we're both standing outside smoking and sweating our balls off, I probably don't want to hear from you about how fucking hot it is. I KNOW IT'S HOT, ASSHOLE. I'M RIGHT HERE.

Ugh.

Too many things on my mind and not enough bourbon to dull the sense of urgency.

That shithead is still hounding me for "his" $30, which I have no intention of giving him. I've given him plenty over the last 5 years, I'm finished. As it is, I'm scraping up chump change just to make it through til next Friday (glorious payday). What's worse is that I know that's what he wants--he wants to hear me say "I'm broke, I just can't give you any money, even though I know I was supposed to buy the boy's medication this month, I just can't, can you please help me?" Like I'd ever give him that kind of satisfaction. I don't need his help, I don't want his help, what I need and want is for him to take responsibility for his child and write checks accordingly. THAT'S what I need and want.

Then there's the pending move. I almost wish this were my usual type of move where I had one weekend or pivotal date to have all my shit in boxes and out the door. I almost prefer those to these kind of creepy-crawly moves because when I have a lot of time, I procrastinate. "Why do today what you can put of 'til tomorrow?" Amen. That's totally my MO. Which could be why I never get shit done and it took me 10 years to get a bachelor's degree. Anyway--I'm hoping to have all of my and El Nino's pertinent shit moved to the house no later than next Sunday. As it is, I'm hoping last night was the last we'll have spent in my apartment. Which is stupid since I'm paying rent there for another fucking month. Stupid lease. At least I'll be able to shut off my cable and phone, and I won't run up much more of an electric bill. I don't even want to know what I currently owe KCPL. I imagine it's going to take me a couple of months to get fully caught up. So we may end up being in his house a lot longer than a few months. Fuck it, if we're there through spring, that's no big deal. We have a really big bedroom and a downstairs dining room to escape to if we start getting on each other's last nerve. Plus he's going to be working a lot more evenings starting next month, so I'm sure all will be well.

Did I mention that we also love each other enough not to intentionally irritate the piss out of each other? That helps. He told me last night, "you pretty much always know what I'm thinking anyway." Which is kind of the truth. I told him I still wanted him to tell me, on the off chance I could be wrong.

I'm still not convinced a panda is a bear. I just know I read or heard something somewhere about them not being "true bears" or something. Maybe I need to stop smoking crack.

My washing machine in the apartment went apeshit last night and started spewing water all over the damn kitchen floor. Yeah, I needed that. I'm so glad I'm almost out of that dump.

So let's see...the douchebag ex, the pending move...what else...oh, yeah--I'm brokety broke broke. My car not only needs a new exhaust, but apparently the freon leak is "real bad" because it's blowing lukewarm air again. My son is great, but at that awful 3-almost-4 stage where he acts like a total girl when he doesn't get his way and bursts into tears and acts like a damn baby and he definitely tries my patience by testing his limits on a minute-to-minute basis. My job continues to be unsatisfying.

Go ahead, Debbie Downer.

What are some good things going on? Ben--goes without saying. The pending move--in spite of being a huge pain in my ass, it's a good situation to be going into. I truly believe we were meant to be together and have every intention of spending the rest of my life with him. My son--he's starting to edge closer to 4 and therefore acting human for longer stretches of time. Usually. My job--I have one, and I get paid ridiculously well to sit on my ass all day and blog. My health--so far, so good, and I haven't noticed any negative side effects from the depo. This is good news. Not to mention I'll never have to buy another condom. Hot damn.

Okay, so life isn't 100% suckage.

I'm just feeling incredibly antisocial at the moment. I went to lunch with a couple of the office drunks, and sitting there, all I could think was how much I wanted to get the fuck out of the office and pick up my boy, pick up my dog, pick up my crap, and head to my (soon-to-be) house and spend the evening eating, playing and hanging out with my 2 favorite people. That's it. That's all I want.

My friend Natalie sent out an email this morning about a friend of hers who has his own law practice...he's looking for someone to work for him. I'd have my own office, make the same thing I make here (most likely) and have a much shorter commute. God, it's tempting. The downside is this guy apparently does personal injury shit and work comp and some odd traffic shit. I hate personal injury and work comp. But I might be willing to make an exception just to get out of here. It's worth looking into, anyway. The environment here is just changing too much, and not for the better, and I'm starting to dread coming to work every day. Not a good vibe, my friends, not a good vibe.

Here's hoping for a fantastic weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home