Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Welcome to November

Note to self--McDonald's, no matter how damn hungry you are, is never a good idea. Unless you enjoy McShitting. The terms "urgency" and "frequency" come to mind.

So Halloween came. Ben and I decided to throw caution to the wind and allow the boy to go to school in hopes he wouldn't be himself for a change. We were wrong. He made it til 11:30 before he knocked someone over for no reason and I got the call to get him. I had to carry him out of the school and his teacher had to help me get him in the car. He spit in my face, he told me he hates me, he told me he hates my shirt. (I told him I was the one wearing it and as long as I like it, that's all that matters.)

I started to cry on the way home--well, sort of, as I no longer have tears, it seems--and that got his attention. He asked me twice why I was crying and I ignored him. When we got home, he walked into the house, got The Chair, positioned it on the carpet, and sat. I guess when mommy cries, it means you're in deep shit. He was a perfect gentleman the rest of the afternoon.

We did allow him to go trick-or-treating. And he thoroughly enjoyed it, even though once we finished our own street, he decided he was done. We didn't argue. We were home by 7:00.

And I'm glad we did it. As much as I don't want to convey a message of "we accept you acting like a shit every day," I don't want to suck all the joy out of his life. Or ours.

This morning, I had my appointment with the orthopod. After sitting in the lobby for a freakin' hour, I got called to an exam room where I sat for 15 minutes before the doc came in. He thinks my shoulder is fine, and that I have either cubital tunnel or cervical radiculopathy. I could have told him that, but whatever. Tomorrow I get to go back for a nerve conduction study to either confirm or deny cubital tunnel, and if that's normal, the next step will probably be an MRI to see if I've got a herniated disk. As long as we get it all sorted out before the end of the year and the resetting of our deductible, that's fine with me.

It still freakin' hurts.

The orthopod didn't mention his time in Sweden to me, but I did do an impressive sales pitch for Nasonex. I don't pay for it (MIL gives me samples), so I figure I might as well throw out a good word for them...

1 Comments:

Blogger Builder Mama said...

McShitting - bwahahahaha!

Thanks. I needed that today!

That sucks about the doc visit. Keep us posted on what you find out!

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home