Meow Mix
Random questions...
1. Why is it that, if my boss isn't here, it's automatically assumed I have nothing to do? I have my own workload that isn't necessarily dictated by his presence. I'm not here to bring him coffee, for chrissake.
2. Are some animals, like some people, better parents than others? This question is prompted by the office cats. My office is located in a suburb that has a feral cat problem. There are cats at my son's preschool that just had kittens. Likewise, there are cats at my office. The last batch of kittens were a couple of months old when I started working here in September. One of the landlords managed to catch 4 of the 5 kittens, get them shots and neutered, and gave them to good homes. The 5th kitten, as well as the matriarch, were not captured and got knocked up this spring. Eventually, the matriarch ("Mrs. Bush") and kitten 5 ("Spot") began showing up at the office to feed again and were looking much skinnier. Last week was the first time Spot came around with children in tow--two absolutely adorable kittens I've named Chicken (because it is) and Fuzz (because it is). Spot doesn't let those two out of her sight for more than a couple of minutes before she starts meowing for them to come back. Right now, all three of them are napping outside our office door. I haven't seen much of Mrs. Bush lately, and no one has seen any trace of any kittens she may have had. So is Spot a better mother, or did Mrs. Bush and her most recent litter meet with bad luck?
3. What's for dinner--fish tacos or stuffed peppers?
With questions like these plaguing my brain, it's no wonder I don't sleep much...
1. Why is it that, if my boss isn't here, it's automatically assumed I have nothing to do? I have my own workload that isn't necessarily dictated by his presence. I'm not here to bring him coffee, for chrissake.
2. Are some animals, like some people, better parents than others? This question is prompted by the office cats. My office is located in a suburb that has a feral cat problem. There are cats at my son's preschool that just had kittens. Likewise, there are cats at my office. The last batch of kittens were a couple of months old when I started working here in September. One of the landlords managed to catch 4 of the 5 kittens, get them shots and neutered, and gave them to good homes. The 5th kitten, as well as the matriarch, were not captured and got knocked up this spring. Eventually, the matriarch ("Mrs. Bush") and kitten 5 ("Spot") began showing up at the office to feed again and were looking much skinnier. Last week was the first time Spot came around with children in tow--two absolutely adorable kittens I've named Chicken (because it is) and Fuzz (because it is). Spot doesn't let those two out of her sight for more than a couple of minutes before she starts meowing for them to come back. Right now, all three of them are napping outside our office door. I haven't seen much of Mrs. Bush lately, and no one has seen any trace of any kittens she may have had. So is Spot a better mother, or did Mrs. Bush and her most recent litter meet with bad luck?
3. What's for dinner--fish tacos or stuffed peppers?
With questions like these plaguing my brain, it's no wonder I don't sleep much...

1 Comments:
hehe random questions keep me awake at night. Like "If the speed of light is so fast, what's the speed of dark?"
It must be faster, otherwise there'd be no darkness :D
Post a Comment
<< Home