Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Take the Hands Off the Clock, We're Gonna Be Here a While

Okay, I think I officially have a cold, judging from the random sneezes I've set forth into the world over the course of the past 12 hours. Fear not--I have Advil Cold & Sinus. Liqui-gels. No federal sign-in necessary.

The Ex offered me his old digital camera tonight. I told him no thanks. He seemed offended that I wouldn't take it. I swear, it was like he was a crack pusher trying to get me to take the bait. NO. Not that he's ever understood the concept of "no" before, but damn. I think he got pissed that I didn't want to sit and chat with him on the phone and I didn't ask him about the new camera and printer dock he "practically stole." I really don't care, Douchebag. We're not buddies.

It was a pretty good night. I picked up El Nino, and he was happy to see me--actually told me "I missed you, Mommy" while I was buckling him into his car seat. He was really good all night. Ben was home when we got there. I let El Nino sort of eat his McDinner, then I fixed us some chicken curry--good stuff, Maynard. Afterwards we walked to the park--El Nino rode his bike, and boy, that kid is getting really good at bailing. He's a poster child for bike helmet campaigns across the globe, to be sure. Anyway, Ben caught some really good pics of El Nino on his bike and getting wet in the park fountains. We came home, he had his bath and went to bed. Ben read him a book, which I think totally sent him skyrocketing ahead of me in the popularity score.

It's now close to midnight. Ben just left for this stupid football practice. Stupid that I'm still up, considering I have to get up before 6:30. I have a feeling tomorrow is going to really suck--maybe not, as I'm not drunk, which is usually my reason for being up so late. Anyway, Ben and I had an interesting debate earlier this evening regarding high school sports participation. He claims kids who don't participate in sports have a higher incidence of getting into trouble than kids who do--I think he's full of shit. I suppose the fact I went to school with a bunch of cheerleaders and jocks notorious for getting loaded every weekend and STILL managing to outshine me in the eyes of the school administration, parents, and the town in general, could color my opinion somewhat. But I refuse to believe I'm just some bitter old nerd holding a grudge.

Maybe I am. I'm starting to feel like I'm in the middle of a mid-life crisis or something. I feel more and more every day like I've wasted my life, and I'm now entirely too old and shouldering too much responsibility to do anything about it. Oh, sure, I could go back to school and get a master's (which would also send my student loans into automatic deferment--SCORE)--but to do what? Damn UMKC for discontinuing the master's program in communication studies right after they accepted my application to the same. I could be making bank right now and be 100% satisfied with my life. Instead I'm $60k in the hole in student loans for my worthless liberal arts degree. Thanks for nothing, fuckers.

Okay--time for this bitter old nerd to go to bed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mitzi Green said...

jeez, such a slave driver thou art. ;)

7:39 AM  
Blogger Mitzi Green said...

i like the statcounter idea--but how would i actually do that? i don't know html from my elbow. is it something so easy, even a moron like my ex can do it?

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home