Thursday, May 01, 2008

Signs Point to Yes

Bob is coming home this evening.

The combination of Focalin and Risperdal have taken him to a whole new level. He's mellow. But he's functional--he's not drugged out and stupid. When I went to see him last night, I thought he had a bit of a Jason Castro-ish quality to him, but he was still mentally with it--doing homework and reading and not at all impaired in any way. Maybe it was just the shock of not seeing him bouncing off the walls and talking 100 miles a second about nothing and everything all at once. As of this morning, he'd been taken of one-to-one supervision, hadn't had any trouble at all, and had even spent part of the morning helping an older child with his spelling homework.

I am relieved as hell--and yet afraid to be--all at once.

I'm relieved we finally found something that seems to really work. I'm relieved he's able to come home finally, and in what appears to be a manageable state.

I'm terrified that this, like every other combination of meds, will fail before we even have a chance to celebrate. I'm afraid of what will happen when he gets home and gets over the initial thrill of being home--will he be mad at me for sending him? Will he be afraid of going back? What will happen on Monday when he goes back to school? Will he fall into place, or will it be a major transition for him that's just too difficult?

Of lesser concern (but concern nonetheless) is the db situation. I haven't told him yet that Bob is getting out today. I plan to tell him tomorrow, and I'm almost certain he'll be beating down our door at 6:00 demanding to have his "make up" weekend, which I have no intention of granting. I don't want to tell him I'm withholding contact until after I file my motion to modify, which I don't want to file until after his hearing on Monday morning. Which could mean he could end up making a right pest of himself all weekend long, which may result in my beating the shit out of him with a large blunt object.

At any rate, there appear to be storms rolling in, but I'm hoping for sunny days ahead.

3 Comments:

Blogger MarciaAnn said...

You stand strong ... do NOT let db cajole you into an unsupervised visit at all. If you have to, meet at McD's where you can supervise if you have to. If you don't want to put yourself in that position, then just flat out deny the visit, you have that ability and with all of his whispered thoughts to Bob during that hospital stay, I can't imagine any Judge not siding with your assessment. Enjoy the time and try to not look for the other shoe to fall.

(another sign, my word verification is wwinbu)

2:18 PM  
Blogger joansy said...

Can you get some kind of note from the doctor stating that Bob needs to be at home this weekend?

I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear how it goes.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

I'm so glad to hear that he'shome now. Ihope everything goes well and that he is better.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home